23 February 2022
I do hope that you all had an enjoyable and healthy half-term holiday.
As you will be aware, on Monday the Prime Minister set out the next phase of the government’s COVID-19 response. It said that COVID-19 is a virus that we now must learn to live with and there is an imperative to reduce the disruption to children and young people’s education. We therefore anticipate that the majority of the College’s procedures will quickly return to as they were pre-pandemic, although we will continue to monitor staff and student absence levels closely and will not hesitate to reintroduce measures if the situation requires it.
A separate communication will be sent to all parents/carers shortly explaining the implications for students and families of the latest changes to government guidance.
For clarity, I confirm below the arrangements that we have already agreed on for this term. I very much hope that my future communications with you can be on other topics!
- All Parents’ Evenings and the Academic Review Day will be virtual events.
- There will be no indoor assemblies or large indoor events/meetings for the next 2 weeks whilst we monitor COVID-related absence numbers.
- The Careers Fair will go ahead on Wednesday 9 March.
- The College Production will go ahead at the end of March. It has been agreed that there will be no matinée performance for our feeder school students, but there will be an additional night’s performance, allowing reduced audience numbers on each evening with more space for seating.
- The Year 11 Group Photo will take place.
- Mixed year group clubs and activities can restart.
Mr Tanner - Principal