- »Teaching & Learning
- »Technology, Vocational, Information and Business Education
- »Vocational, Information and Business Education
The primary aim of ICT is to ensure that every student can develop their capability and awareness of Information and Communication Technology and Computing. It is important that students are able to use a computer to:
- Communicate and present information
- Manipulate data and model different scenarios
- Access vast stores of information through the internet
- Create their own simple programs using graphical and command line programming applications.
In addition, it is important for students to learn about the many applications of computer technology and its impact upon people's lives.
Facilities and Resources
Information and Communications Technology is used throughout the curriculum and all members of staff and students have a Microsoft 365 login to access cloud services. Specialist teachers provide support to other departments where required while also providing training for other members of staff. Our ICT resources include sixteen networked computer suites, all with electronic white boards, plus numerous networked computers in many departments and laboratories across the College. As part of our IT Strategy, every member of staff has a Microsoft Surface Pro laptop with remote VPN access.