Student Leadership System
It is clear that many of our students are extremely confident, competent, possess real leadership skills and can contribute significantly to the life of the College.
Following discussions with the College Council we have introduced a Prefect system to enable talented and motivated students to contribute more to the College, develop personal leadership skills and enhance their own CVs and career prospects.
Student Leader System
Student Leaders have been appointed by means of selection by staff. These teams are supported by and report to the Assistant Principal who oversees student leadership.
- Help supervise the appropriate area of the campus and encourage respect for facilities and environment
- Organise interesting activities and events at lunchtimes and after College
- Be a source of information and advice for students
- Communicate with staff regarding relevant issues
- Act as student guides at Open Evenings and on daytime parental tours.
College Recognition of the Role
- Invitation to start of the year social event with SLT, PLs, YMs and PAs
- Letters of commendation
- Praise points
- Record, reference, CV item
- High profile in assemblies, newsletter, etc.
- Regular meetings with Assistant Principal and other relevant staff.
Appropriate training is given at the start of each year.
When given the opportunity our students invariably show advanced leadership skills and can command the respect of their peers. This development creates a structure that has the potential to significantly improve the day to day life of the College as well as creating a more cohesive staff-student community.